Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First Week of tot school.

Who would have ever thought, planning a few fun activities for a 3 year old could be so time consuming? More than once in the past two and a half weeks I have decided that tot school was a horrible idea. Only a crazy person would spend practically every spare minute preparing for activities, that will only take up 30 minutes to 2 hours of a day. Hopefully I'll get quicker. Every time I've thought about quitting a certain three year old girl begs me to do tot school and her smile wins me over every time. Our first week was a huge success. She loved it! It's a great learning experience for both of us. For our first week, I decided to make our week's theme go along with the "Little Engine that Could". I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I was very surprised when sweet pea at 2 years old started saying "I can't do it". It seems to be one of her favorite phrases these days. Knowing tot school was going to be fun, but new and therefore challenging, I knew just the story and Bible verse to start our week off right. I had a lot of fun setting up all her trays. She was eager to get started. She surprised me by picking a train puzzle for her first activity. I would have thought she'd pick paints or play dough. We tried to do tot school whenever baby sister was napping, but that wasn't always possible. It certainly made tot school all the more challenging, but we managed. Throughout the week she colored, she made a toilet paper train, she made a play dough train, she painted a wooden train, and she made a foam train magnet, she read stories about trains and we watched 2 short movies about trains. We tried to do tot school whenever baby sister was napping, but that wasn't always possible. It certainly made tot school all the more challenging, but we managed. We ended our week with a train ride. We all loved it and were very sad when it was over. It was her mommy and daddy's first train ride too. We've decided we love trains. We plan on riding on one again at christmas. As a side note, the dress she wore on her very first day was made by yours truly. The dress was sewn from a woman's skirt and t-shirt purchased at the thrift store. For people who enjoy repurposing a great tutorial can be found here http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/10/re-purposing-skirtshirt-into-dress.html. For some reason blogger isn't letting me post pictures. I will try and post some soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment