Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Post

I've been trying to start a blog, and to be honest this is the third blog I've set up. Laughably, I thought I would have time to manage more than one. Having come to the realization, that I'm just too busy, I've decided to combine them all. One place for sharing my love of sewing, my love of raising Christian children, and hopefully my love of homeschooling. I'm relatively new to all of these things. I married my best friend when I was 18. Yes I know shocking! We were married on December 16, 2007 in our home town church. We honeymooned, in a little log cabin, in Estes Park Colorado. A little over a year later we found out there was a pea in my pod. As most first pregnancies do, it dragged and dragged and dragged. I felt I would be pregnant forever! While disappointed to not be having a natural birth, I was over the moon to be getting to cut my pregnancy short by one week. Due to breech presentation, Sweet pea was born via c-section on Monday August 24, 2009. She was perfect! The most beautiful little baby in the world. I could barely sleep for the first three days.
All I wanted to do was hold her and stare at her. She was so beautiful. I was so in love! My husband and I were on cloud 9 for about five days. Then the reality of the situation hit. This beautiful little person liked to eat, and she liked to eat often, especially at night. Our alone time was gone, the beautiful baby was for keeps. I felt as though I would never sleep again or spend time with my husband. Was this really my life, what had we been thinking? Yes it was my life and about six weeks into it, life seemed to even out. We set into a routine and by three months into this parenting venture we were pros. Had there ever been a time without her? Fast forward 17 months, March of 2011 we found out we were expecting a Thanksgiving blessing. The second pregnancy didn't drag by at all,in fact it seemed to go by too quickly. Thoughts of "how will I ever love this one as much as I love the one I already have, how will I manage two? ect. ect". Thoughts of sleepless nights and an exhaustion beyond words plagued me. I dreaded the newborn phase. I enjoyed the tender kicks more this time knowing they would be gone quickly. I felt if I was pregnant forever I would not mind, too much. I went into labour on my due date. Note worthy contractions started at 5:30 on Thanksgiving day. Little turkey arrived the next morning November 25, 2011 via vbac(vaginal birth after c-section). I was amazed and relieved to find myself in love with another little daughter. She was perfect! The most beautiful little baby in the world. We were on cloud 9! Though I had no problem sleeping when she did, I was just as much in love. My heart had grown. We brought her home and to my delight sleepless nights didn't bother me. Strange I had remembered them being so much worse. She seemed to fit right in and as all children do she's grown! I am just over three years into this parenting adventure. Every day is filled with exciting new things. We started our first week of tot school last week. I will be posting about that shortly. Thanks for stopping by and reading my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment