Monday, April 8, 2013

Mary Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

Yay for spring! I love spring. I think I love it even more now that we're gardening. I've never had a garden before. I fear I may have inherited my mothers black thumb. That coupled with my intense fear of all things creepy crawly just might spell a gardening disaster for me. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy it. What better way to have spent an entire Sunday with my family? The girls loved gardening. Children even girl children love getting dirty. Though both girls were a little uncertain at first. Their uncertainty faded quickly. I found myself very surprised to actually be enjoying the smell and feel of the dirt on my hands. I couldn't believe the soil actually smelled good. Little Turkey enjoyed the smell so much. She decided to taste it and keep tasting it. Gross! If she has a sudden growth spurt we can thank the miracle grow. Already some of the little plants are growing taller! We planted corn, tomatoes, peas (a little late for those), green beans, cucumber, squash, watermelon, blackberry bushes, raspberry bushes, blueberry trees, and several different herbs. We are so excited! We're doubtful the corn or watermelon will grow very well, but we shall see. Hoping and praying for a good harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment